STUDIES THROUGH THE CHURCH YEAR
The studies provided here are based on the main Sunday lectionary readings for the church year. You are welcome to use these studies for your own meditation, for Home Group sessions, or as an additional resource to complement and reinforce the message of the Sunday sermon.
Where is God in all this?
During lockdown we focused on Bible characters who have shared problems and issues resulting from isolation and the kind of stresses we all face in dealing with coronavirus pandemic.
- Locked out of Eden (Cain and Abel) June 7 Download files: DOC file PDF file
- Into the unknown (Abraham) June 14 Download files: DOC file PDF file
- Refined by suffering (Ruth) June 21 Download files: DOC file PDF file
- Speaking truth to power (Rizpah) June 28 Download files: DOC file PDF file
- Learning to lament (Jeremiah) July 5 Download files: DOC file PDF file
- Returning from exile (Nehemiah) July 12 Download files: DOC file PDF file
- Trusting in Jesus (Mary) July 19 Download files: DOC file PDF file
- Strength and hope (Paul) July 26 Download files: DOC file PDF file
STUDIES FOR LENT
Our studies for Lent during 2020 were taken from SAYING YES TO LIFE (the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Lent Book 2020) by Ruth Valerio, who is the Global Advocacy and Influencing Director at Tearfund. SAYING YES TO LIFE looks at the beauty and variety of God’s creation as told in Genesis chapter 1, and considers our responsibility to care for God’s Creation today.
The following notes come with Biblical references and discussion questions for home groups, or for individual study.
Copies of SAYING YES TO LIFE are available through Cornerstone Book Shop.
Further resources, including interviews with various experts on each chapter of the book, can be found here.
LENT 1 Let there be light
LENT 2 Let the waters be separated
LENT 3 Let the land produce vegetation
LENT 4 Let there be lights in the sky
LENT 5 Let the waters teem with living creatures and let birds fly