During this lockdown period, the church building will be closed to public worship, but it will remain open for private prayer on Wednesday from 09.00-12.00. The 9am Sunday service will be livestreamed on Facebook, but only those leading the service will be able to attend.
for socially-distanced services at the Parish Church
If you could email or ring the parish office to let us know if you intend to come to the service in the church building it will help us to estimate the likely number of people attending.
Please read the Service Guidelines below.
We will be collecting information to process your booking, and to support NHS track and trace. If you would like to know how we will use your information please read our COVID-19 Privacy Notice.
Please also email or ring the parish office if you would like the link to the online services.
WORSHIPPING AT HOME
Online worship, sermons and other teaching materials will still be available on our WORSHIP and SERMONS PAGE
Ideas and resources for children and families worshipping at home can be found on the CHILDREN AND FAMILIES PAGE, including resources for young people
Please read before attending our church services.
Ulverston Parish Church PCC has undertaken a careful risk assessment following Church of England and government guidelines and we have introduced a number of procedures for everyone to follow as the Covid 19 restrictions are eased. Things will look and feel quite different to what we were used to.
Your cooperation is vital to make sure that services can continue safely.
Before the service
- Anyone with Covid 19 symptoms is asked not to enter the church building.
- Please observe the required social distancing while in the building.
- At UPC there will be two entrances to church, the main door and the tower door.
- Please use the hand sanitiser at the entrance(s) as you enter church and as you leave.
- Some of the pews will not be in use and those that are will be marked to show where on the pew to sit. This is to ensure we comply with social distancing.
- Please follow the instructions of the sidesperson and sit where requested in order to keep everyone as safe as possible.
- At UPC, household groups of more than two people will be directed to the tables in the North Aisle. Please can these households use the tower door entrance.
- The collection plate will not be handed round during the service. A plate will be at the back of church for your offerings.
During the service
- Services will be said with no singing.
- You are asked not to use a handshake at the exchange of the Peace.
- Communion will be in one kind only – the bread.
- At UPC please wait until a sidesperson directs you before going forward for communion. There will be a one way system. Please observe social distancing when waiting to receive communion.
- At St John’s communion will be brought to you in your pew.
- At UPC, only the disabled toilet will be in use; if it is occupied please wait in the church rather than outside the toilet door. Hand sanitiser and cleaning spray will be provided. Children will need to be accompanied by their adult when appropriate. After use please use the cleaning spray and blue paper roll to wipe down the taps, flush handle, toilet seat and door handles.
- Please leave by the same door you came in through when advised by the sidesperson, rear pews leaving first.
- Please do not congregate inside or outside the church building and maintain social distancing at all times.
Thank you for your co-operation with us as we seek to ensure your safety. Please get in touch if you have concerns or questions.